The COVID-19 pandemic has opened up a can of worms for brands relying on traditional media for advertising. As the lockdown has prompted people to stay glued to their mobile screens, smart businesses are capitalizing on alternative advertising mediums to get genuine and interested buyers.
This article gives you a detailed overview of the top-5 social media tools you should use now to get genuine buyers and the things you should do to gain leverage in the post-COVID world.
What is Social Media Advertising?
Social media advertising, a subset of digital advertising, is an alternative to conventional print and T.V. ads. As a brand, you pay the social media platform a pre-defined amount, and the platform displays your ad to the targeted audience.
5 Things That Make Social Media a Popular Advertising Medium
Social media ads are dynamic, which means you can analyze the efficacy of your marketing effort and change your ads as many times as you want.
Unlike advertising on traditional media, social media analytics makes it possible for you to know whether your ads are reaching the target audience or not. When you have real-time knowledge about your ad reach, it becomes easy to devise a marketing plan.
Higher Authority Over Budgeting
With social media advertising, it is easy to control your budget. Switch platforms, explore ad formats, and restructure your budget.
Social media tools help you reach the targeted audience. By using analytics, you can identify what your audience needs from their brands. Position yourself appropriately and reap dividends.
Advertising on social media is much more cost-effective than other mediums. Additionally, the platforms offer you multiple ad formats that you can choose from. Ideally, advertisers begin with a low-cost form, analyze the results, and gradually move to the more costly arrangements.
The Top-5 Social Media Tools That Can Get You Genuine Buyers
With a monthly active user base of 2.60 billion, Facebook is the largest social media platform that is up and expanding. More than 60% of all internet users are on Facebook, according to Oberlo. What’s more, over 80 million micro-businesses use Facebook pages for reaching out to genuine buyers.
If the massive numbers are any indication, then Facebook can be one of the best places for you to get customers.
The Types of Facebook Ads
- Image Ads – These ads are useful for creating brand awareness.
- Video Ads – By using 15-seconds video ads, you can engage the viewers.
- Slideshow Ads – You may compile pictures, add effects, and publish the advertisements.
- Carousel Ads – You may use these ads to add up to 10 photos or videos and create an album.
- Collection Ads – These ads allow the user to browse your products rather than merely watching the ads.
- Lead Ads – These types of ads allow you to capture user information and use it for marketing purposes.
- Offer Ads – Offer ads allow you to use pictures or videos to inform users about discounts or limited-time offers.
By using facebook ad templates that convert, you can boost customer engagement and create templates that instantly capture the attention of viewers.
Instagram stands neck and neck with Facebook when it comes to business promotion. With over 1 billion monthly active users, Instagram is home to 71% of all U.S. businesses, according to Oberlo. Over 50% of all Instagram users have at least one favorite business on their list.
The Types of Instagram Ads
- Photo Ads – To drive sales, you should position your photo ads by detailing the product or service offered and relevant hashtags.
- Sponsored Ads – These ads allow you to place your business on the users’ home feed.
- Story Ads – These are 15-seconds videos that grab viewers’ attention.
- Video Ads – Video Ads allow you to produce and publish 60-seconds long videos, and are excellent for short-term promotions.
- Carousel Ads – Carousels ads allow you to create an album of your products or services.
- IGTV Ads – IGTV Ads are new and brimming with life. You may upload up to 60-minutes long videos that are not overly promotional.
By using a free online video editor, you can create eye-catching videos. Later you can upgrade to a better version to give an edge to your ads.
YouTube is a good medium for getting clients with over 2 billion monthly active users. Unlike other social networking websites, YouTube is all about videos.
The Types of YouTube Ads
- Display Ads – Viewers see this ad on the side of the feature video.
- Overlay Ads – You may position these semi-transparent image ads in the lower 20% of the video.
- Skippable Video Ads – Viewers may skip these videos after five seconds.
- Non-skippable Video Ads – These are 20-second ads that the viewers have to watch mandatorily.
- Bumper Ads – Bumper ads are non-skippable 6-seconds’ videos.
You may use a YouTube Video Maker to browse readymade templates, add CTA, and publish the videos on your channel. Before uploading your videos, though, check YouTube’s monetization policies.
LinkedIn is a favorite joint of professionals. Out of its 675 million monthly active users, 61 million are senior-level professional influencers. According to one report published by LinkedIn, it alone generates about 80% of all B2B leads that social media websites collectively generate, according to FoundationInc.co.
Hence, if you are serious about your business, LinkedIn is there to help you get serious buyers.
The Types of LinkedIn Ads
- Sponsored Content – These are in-feed ads that you can use to promote your company events.
- Sponsored InMail – These are personalized emails you can send to active LinkedIn members. Businesses use this to inform about webinars or events.
- Text Ads – LinkedIn’s version of Pay-Per-Click (PPC) ads. You have to pay only when a user clicks on your link.
Creating LinkedIn ads are a little different, as only professionals can see those ads. Use a LinkedIn Video Ad Maker to create fascinating videos that no professional can ever skip.
Pinterest boasts of having over 335 million active users every month and is the third-biggest social networking website in the U.S. If used appropriately, the Pins on Pinterest can take your business to the next level.
The Types of Pinterest Ads
- Promoted Pins – These are single image ads that you can use for promoting your products.
- Promoted Video Pins – You may use this format to produce attractive videos.
- Promoted Carousels – This format allows you to upload up to five images that users may swipe through.
- Promoted App Pins – By using this feature, you may lead the viewers directly to your business’s app.
Open a Pinterest Ad Maker for creating ads that capture audience interest and drive revenue for your business.
Getting buyers to become easy when you can use social media tools properly. The only thing you need to understand is how businesses are leveraging technology to acquire bigger and better clients.