Windows 10 can’t connect to this network.
This is one of the most common errors faced by a lot of Windows 10 operating system users.
Though this is a true fact that Windows 10 is the most updated version of the operating system from the house of windows. But sometimes users encounter a network connection problem.
Therefore if you have faced the same problem on your Windows 10 operating system and now want some solutions to fix the issue, then this article is literally going to help you.
Today in this article we are going to discuss a comprehensive guide on windows 10 that can’t connect to this network issue.
Windows 10 can’t connect to this network- Best Fixes
We all know that just like all other errors of windows 10, can’t connect to this network issue can also be solved easily.
But the fix you are going to adapt completely depends on the fact that what type of network you are using. That means the procedure of solution will depend on whether you are using a wired network connection that is ethernet or you have a wireless connection that is WIFI.
Well, don’t be. We will discuss each and every section thoroughly so that you can get a better idea of how to fix window 10 can’t connect to this network problem.
Fix 1: Windows 10 can’t connect to this network
So now that you are in this section of the topic then it means that you have also been a victim of this windows 10 can’t connect to this network issue.
Well here are the most effective solutions to get yourself out of the trouble.
Solution 1: Uninstall your network adapter
The most common reason for your windows 10 can’t connect to this network problem is a corrupted network adapter.
In many cases, it has been seen that an outdated network adapter or a corrupted adapter driver can lead to windows 10 can’t connect to this network problem.
Henceforth it is always better to uninstall the network adapter and then again install it all over again. You can also say that this is a very effective way to solve the error.
Here is how you can easily carry out the total procedure.
- At first, open your windows 10 operating system and on the desktop window press the windows key and the “X” key altogether.
- A menu pops up will open from the bottom. From this menu choose the “Device Manager” option.
- Once you are inside the device manager section, from here locate your network adapter and right-click on it.
- Choose “uninstall” from the list. In case the system gives you an option saying “Delete the driver software for the device” then click on the ok button.
- After you are done with the total process, now restart your system. As the operating system loads up again it will automatically install the updated and genuine network adapter driver.
Solution 2: Update your wireless network drivers (for Wifi users)
For those of you out there who are having difficulties while connecting to a network over Wifi, read this section very carefully.
Sometimes the network issue occurs due to an outdated wireless driver. A wireless network driver is the only thing responsible for allowing you to connect your device to different networks over WiFi.
To carry out this procedure first you are going to need a computer with a working internet connection. Now from that computer only you need to access the official website of your wireless network driver.
From this website download the latest version of the wireless driver and install it on your computer. Now restart your operating system and once the operating system restarts again hopefully the problem will be gone.
Apart from this procedure, you can also update your wireless driver automatically by using any third-party software.
Solution 3: alter the channel; width for the network adapter
Setting a channel width for your network adapter is very important. In case there is a problem with the channel width of the adapter then you might get a message saying, “Windows 10 can’t connect to this network”.
Hence in order to change the channel width for your network adapter, all you need to do is follow the below steps.
- Open your operating system and then press the Windows key and the S key.
- From the opened menu choose Network and Sharing Center option.
- Now from here click on the option saying Change Adapter settings.
- In the next window locate your wireless adapter and right-click on it.
- Select “Properties” from the opened menu.
- Once you are inside the properties windows, scroll down to the end of the page and click on the “Advanced tab”.
- Here you will see a sentence saying, “802.11 channel width”. Click on this field and change the bandwidth value.
[Note: According to many users, if you change the value to 20MHz then your issue will be fixed]
After you are done with all the steps click on the OK button and save all the changes you have just made. Now try to connect your Windows 10 operating system to any networks.
If everything works fine then it is a piece of very good news.
If not, then don’t worry and just move onto the next solution.
Solution 4: Disable IPv6 on both your computer and your router
IPv6 is the abbreviation of Internet Protocol version 6. This protocol comes under the division of TCP/IP internet protocols.
But sometimes they can’t connect to network problems that can occur due to this IPv6 protocol. Hence to avoid this problem you might have to disable IPv6 on both of your computers and router.
So to do this in your windows 10 operating system just take a look at these steps.
- First, open your system and then from the control panel go to the network and sharing center.
- From there, go to the connections section and then click on your current connection tab.
- Now the connection status window will open on your display and from there click on the Properties button.
- Here you will be provided with a list among which you have to click on the option saying, “Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)” and uncheck the box beside.
Now that you are done with all the steps click on the OK button to save the changes. Now reboot your operating system to apply all the newly made changes.
In case if you see that your windows 10 can’t connect to this network still persists, then you might have to disable the IPv6 protocol of your router too.
But if you are going to do that then you should know, that is a tricky business. So it is always recommended that before you disable the IPv6 protocol on your router, you should first read the instruction manual carefully.
Solution 5- Make sure that the adapter and router you are using have the same security type
Every wireless connection in this world comes with a security patch to protect your online data. These security types are generally written as WPA2-PSK (AES) or WPA-PSK(AES).
So the point is that in order to get an uninterrupted network connection, the security type of your router and your computer must be the same.
If you think that you might have a second thought on this point in your case, then the good news is that you can easily set the security type of your router.
All you have to do is read the instructions on your router’s manual.
But the most important thing is after you are done setting a specific security type for your router, now you have to make sure that the security type of your computer also matches the same.
To do that, just keep following.
- Open your operating system and go to the Network and Sharing Center.
- From that section, click on the “Manage wireless networks” option.
- Here locate your wireless network and right-click on it to choose properties.
- In the properties window, go to the Security Tab, from there find the Security Type section.
[Note: Keep in mind that you have to select the same Security Type as that of your router]
Now click on the OK button to save all the changes. Hence now you have successfully change the security type for both your router and computer.
Solution 6: Set up a connection manually
If you know a little bit about the internals of an operating system then the best way for you to solve the can’t connect to this network is to set up a network connection manually.
So again, here is how to do it.
- Go to the Network and Sharing Center of your Windows 10 Operating System.
- From there select the option saying, “Set up a new network”.
- In the next window choose “Manually connect to a wireless network” and then hit the enter button.
- Now you will land upon a page where you have to enter requested information like network name, security key, and security type.
Once you are done with all, click on the Next button to finish the process. You can easily follow this solution to get yourself out of the “can’t connect to network” problem.
But in case you see that the problem still exists then you can try changing the security types of the network.
Solution 7: Change the wireless network mode
It is very much possible to change the network mode of your router and adapter. But then again just like the security type, here also you have to keep in mind that the network mode of your router and the computer must match each other.
Otherwise, there is no point in doing all these.
Though it will not be necessary for you to apply this solution in case you have no other option to do them in order to change the network mode of your computer.
- Go the network and sharing center of your operating system.
- Now from the opened window click on the option saying, “change the adapter settings”.
- Select your wireless network adapter and right-click on it to access properties.
- Here in the property window, click on the Configure button.
- Click on the Advanced tab and then from the list select Wireless Mode
In this section, you can easily change the value of the wireless mode. But always make sure that the network mode of the router must match the network mode of the computer.
Many users have found 802.11b or 802.11g to be quite useful.
So you can try to solve the “windows 10 can’t connect to this network” problem by applying the above-mentioned solution and it will be good to go in no time.
Solution 8- Forget the wireless connection
According to several affected users forgetting the wireless connection on your device sometimes fix the windows 10 can’t connect to this network problem.
Hence you can also try to apply this solution in your case. All you need to do in order to forget a network connection is…
- Go to the settings section of your windows 10 operating system and from there select the Network and Internet.
- Now from the wifi section, click on the Manage WiFi settings
- Scroll down to the end of the window and click on the option saying Manage networks.
- From here select the name of your network connection and then click on it to access the forget option.
- Once you are done with all the above-mentioned steps, now restart your operating system once. As the system starts up again connect the same network again.
This solution has worked for many affected users.
And we also strongly recommend this solution for your cant connect to this network issue.
That was a long long discussion. But the best part is that we have learned a lot.
So now you know how you can easily solve the “can’t connect to this network windows 10”.
In the above sections, we have discussed eight of the most effective solutions that can easily get you out of your issue regarding network connection