While trying to run an application or program on your Windows 10 computer, you may get pop-ups stating “This application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000005 “. Or you can see notifications saying Access violation exception error This is also referred to as an Access violation error. It directly means that windows 10 is not able to process the files or programs correctly at that moment.
If you too are facing application error 0xc0000005 windows 10, stay tuned! And keep following this guide to troubleshoot this frustrating issue.
Causes that Trigger Error 0xc0000005 to Appear on Your Windows 10
Application error 0xc0000005 is broad and can occur due to a variety of different problems on your Windows 10. So before jumping into the solutions, let’s look at them
Corrupted Installation Drivers
Corruption in installation drivers is one of the main reasons for this application error 0xc 0000005.
Third-Party Antivirus Programs Creating Issues
Maybe you have any third-party antivirus program installed on your computer and that is creating problems to run the applications.
Windows System Registry Got Corrupted
Corrupted Windows system registry is also the reason that you are facing this application error.
Some Other Causes
Besides these above-mentioned causes, there are some other few causes that can cause you this issue. They are- Incomplete or faulty installation of the application program, the operating system got affected by a malware attack, etc.
Troubleshoot Windows 10 Application Error With These Easy But Effective Solutions
Now that you have encountered the problems that are triggering the error 0xc0000005 to occur, let’s dive straight into the solves.
Solution 1: Try Fixing the Windows Registry
As you already know corrupted Windows registry files are one of the biggest reasons for you to face the application error 0xc0000005, you must try fixing the Windows system registry first. The registry is basically a database that includes many important pieces of information regarding system hardware, installed programs, profiles of each other users in your Windows 10 and settings.
You can fix the registry files by doing these followings-
- Press the Windows Key and R button together. This will enable you to launch the Run utility or Run box .
- In the Run box, you have to type in “regedit” and click on Enter.
- This will open up the registry editor for you. Once the registry editor opens up, navigate to this key- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows NT/ CurrentVersion/ Windows/
- After that, all you have to do is double click on the LoadAlpplnit_DLLs. You can locate this at the right side of the panel.
- Now change its value from 0 to 1.
Don’t forget to reboot your computer after you are done performing all the steps.
Solution 2: Run the System File Checker
Running the system file checker will repair potentially corrupted or damaged Windows system files. Run the system file checker by following these steps-
- First, you need to right-click on the Windows icon.
- After that, open the command prompt with administrative rights.
- When the cmd windows will open, type in .”sfc/scannow” and hit Enter. The system file checker process will begin now.
- You need to wait for the process to be finished.
Try running the same application that was creating trouble to see if the problem is solved or not. If not, try the other fixes mentioned below.
Solution 3: Scan Your PC to Find Out Malware Existence
The next thing you must try to fix the application error 0xc0000005 is scanning your computer for malware. If your system has been affected by malware or viruses, it does not allow many files for programs to run. So it’s always a good idea to run the system scanner to get rid of the malware issue. In order to run the system scanner using the Windows defender,
- First, you need to type “Virus” in the search box.
- When a list of results will appear on your screen, locate the option ‘’Virus and Threat Protection” and tap on it.
- Now hit the Advanced Scan option and then you have to choose the “Full Scan” option.
- Finally, tap on Scan Now option. If there are any viruses in your system, the system file scanner will find them out for you.
Note: Windows Defender is an in-built application. If you want, you can take the help of the other antivirus or malware scanner like SpyWare.
Solution 4: Try Restoring Windows
This is one of the best solutions you can try to fix the application error on your Windows 10. This is a technique for switching the date of your computer to an earlier date when your computer was working completely fine. To perform Windows Restore-
- In the search box, type This PC or My Computer and hit Enter.
- In the search results select This PC option and right-click on it. Select the Properties option now.
- In the middle left corner, locate the Advanced System Settings option and click on it.
- Here you need to choose the System Protection tab and then select the System Restore option.
- Next, check the box “Show more restore points”. After this, you will be shown a list.
- Here in this list, you have to select only one restore point. We suggest you choose a restore point that is 20-30 days earlier than the current date.
Solution 5: Update the Faulty Drivers
Another option you may try is updating or reinstalling the corrupted or faulty drivers in your system. To do so-
- You need to click on the Start button and type Device Manager in the search box.
- From the search results, select the Device Manager option. This will open up a list of devices that are connected to your Windows 10 PC.
- Now select the drivers that are causing most of the problems and update them by expanding the device category and right-clicking on the device. You need to select the Update Drivers option from the drop-down menu.
The Windows system will ask you whether you want to update the drivers automatically or you want to browse your computer for driver software. In case you choose the first option, Windows will search for the latest driver software for your computer.
In the second option, you have to update the drivers manually. As it is a long process, we will suggest you follow the first method for updating drivers.
Some Other Solves to Fix the Application Error 0xc0000005
Besides these 5 amazing solves, you may try some other fixes also – Check the BCD or Boot Configuration Data, check RAM, Disable the antivirus tool in your computer, Troubleshoot in Clean Boot State, etc.
In the End
Application error 0xc0000005 Windows 10 can be really very annoying but with the help of this guide, you will be able to solve this issue. So go through the article, make sure you follow every step and hopefully this error will get fixed.