Epson printers come up with unique features which makes it a preferable device for everyday use. However, users often report about its technical complications. Epson printer error 0x9d is one of the most commonly occurring issues. There can be various factors behind this problem.
If you are currently stuck with a similar error and wondering how to overcome this situation. Then, you can follow the instructions discussed below. So, without further delay, directly go towards the troubleshooting section.
Troubleshoot Epson Printer Error Code 0x9d with 4 Simple Hacks
Here are the necessary instructions that you need to implement in order to overcome the Epson printer error in no time. But, before that, you can reboot the printing device.
Rebooting devices often resolve various problems including internal errors. But, even after rebooting the Epson printer, if you find that the Epson printer error still bothers you, then proceed with the undermentioned methods.
Method 1: Run the Printer Troubleshooter
Windows OS comes up with multiple inbuilt tools to fix the internal bugs and glitches. This utility has the ability to resolve major to minor problems.
So, whenever you find any sort of printer related problem, we suggest you run the printer troubleshooter. Here are the instructions that you need to follow to execute the task successfully.
- Proceed to click on the “Start” button to initiate the menu.
- Under the search field, type “troubleshoot” and hit the Enter key to run the command.
- After you perform this instruction, a new window will appear on the screen. From the result-oriented window, choose “Run the Troubleshooter”.
- Furthermore, hit the “OK” button to confirm the action.
Printer Troubleshooter will scan the entire device and search for internal errors. Once the internal bugs and glitches get detected, the troubleshooter will fix the issue automatically.
When the entire process is over, reboot the device to apply the new modifications. You can also try to clean the print head in order to fix the problem.
Method 2: Make an Attempt to Clean the Print Head
If there are certain obstructions within the printer head, then the occurrence of Epson printer error is quite a common event. But, this problem can be easily fixed by cleaning the print head.
In order to proceed with this task, you can follow the instructions that are mentioned below:
- Power off the printing device and take out the print head gently. Wipeout all the dirt and obstructions from the printhead.
- For this cleaning purpose, you can use wet cotton cloth or tissue. Try to ignore using direct liquids and water.
- Place the print head in its proper position when you are done.
Lastly, turn on the device by pressing the “Power” button and review whether the “Epson printer error 0x9d” gets eliminated or not.
Method 3: Update the Printer Driver
You can get stuck with the Epson printer error if you are using an outdated or obsolete version of printer drivers. A majority of users claimed that after updating the printer driver, they find that the error is removed.
You can follow the underlying instructions to proceed:
- Press the Windows logo along with the R key to initiate the Run window. Under the Run dialogue box, write “devmgmt.msc” and hit the “OK” button to proceed further.
- Once you can access the Device Manager window, you will find a list where all the installed software and drivers are enlisted. From the result window, try to locate the “Printer Driver”.
- Choose the “Search automatically for updated driver software” option and allow the device to search for the available drivers. From the confirmation window, choose the option titled “Update Driver”.
Wait unless the update process gets completed. Further, you can reboot the device to allow the new modifications to take effect.
Method 4: Reinstall the Printer Driver
Even after updating the printer driver, if you still find that the Epson printer error 0x9d pops up on the screen, then reinstalling the printer driver can be the last resort for you.
In order to reinstall the printer driver, follow the instructions underneath:
- Initiate the “Device Manager” window by following the above instructions. Try to locate and select the printer driver from the resulting menu.
- In the next step, proceed to right tap on the “Printer Driver” and hit the option titled “Uninstall”.
- From the confirmation pop-up menu, hit the “Yes” button twice. Thereafter, visit the official web page of the Epson and look for the latest printer driver.
- Once you find the latest printer driver, tap on it and choose the “Install Now” button.
Wait until the installation process gets over. Now, you can reboot the device to save the new modifications.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Reset the Printer?
In order to reset a printer, power off the printing device and remove the power cable from the device. Make sure you leave the device for around 20 minutes.
Afterward, reconnect the power cord to the back of the device and turn on the device while pressing the “Resume” button. Ensure that you press the combination keys unless the attention light begins to flash. Further, release the “Resume” button when you are done with it.
How to Reset Epson Ink?
Resetting Epson ink can be quite easier. You can use a paper clip or a pin to press the “Reset” button. Hence, press the “Reset” button with the help of that pin or paper clip. Keep pressing unless the device gets reset.
How to Bring Printer Back to Online?
Navigate to the “Start” icon that is located on the left pane of the screen. Under the search field, write “Control Panel” in order to initiate the window.
After accessing the Control Panel, locate and select the “Device and Printers”. In the next screen, tap on the Printer option and choose the option titled “See what’s printing”.
From the result-oriented window, tap on the Printer menu and look for the “Use Printer Online” Once you find the option, remove the tick mark from the checkbox to deselect the option.