Epson printer fatal error code 0x50 generally occurs when you are trying to install the new apps over the old applications without properly uninstalling the necessary software. Generally, it is a common issue for many users.
Steps to Fix Epson Printer Fatal Error Code 0x50
Here, we have provided some fool-proof methods to help you fix this issue on your device in no time. Thus, go through the following solutions one by one.
Solution 1 – Run System File Checker
The first thing you need to do is to run the System File Checker. It is an in-built system utility tool available in Windows operating system. Thus, follow the steps follow to do so.
- Press the Windows button to bring up the Start menu. Here, type ‘cmd’ and right click on Command Prompt.
- Next, choose to run the program as an Administrator.
- Thereafter, type ‘sfc /scannow’ and press enter. This will execute the System File Checker.
Now, the utility tool will automatically scan and fix the error on its own. Restart both your printer and your system to check if the issue has been resolved.
Solution 2 – Reset Epson Printer
If you were unable to fix Epson printer error 0x50, then you can try to fix this by resetting your printer. Ordinarily, this can easily fix any issues present in your device. Therefore, follow the steps given below to perform this action.
- Go to your printer’s control panel. From the Home screen, select Setup by navigating with the help of the arrow keys or through the touchpad.
- Now, head over to System Administration and choose to Restore Default Settings.
- Finally, navigate and select Clear all Data and Settings. Tap on Yes if prompted and your printer will be reset.
Now. try to print a test page to check if the issue still persists or not.
Solution 3 – Reinstall Printer Driver
Accordingly, you may be facing this error due to a faulty or corrupted printer driver. Thus, you can fix this by uninstalling and reinstalling the printer driver software of the Epson printer. Follow the steps below to do so.
- Press Windows + R button from your keyboard at the same time. Next, type ‘appwiz.cpl’ and press enter.
- Here, find and right-click on the Epson Printer Driver from the list. Subsequently, choose the Uninstall option and follow the instructions that follow.
- Now, restart your system to complete the uninstallation process. After that, open a browser and visit the official website of Epson.
- Next, head over to the Drivers and Downloads section and enter your printer’s model. Thereafter, download the latest printer driver for your printer.
- Finally, run the installer as an Administrator and follow the instructions to complete the installation process.
Lastly, try to print a test page to check if the issue has been resolved or not.
Hopefully, you should be able to fix Epson Printer Error code 0x50 by going through the solutions provided above. If you are unable to do so, you need to go to Repair service center to have it permanently fixed. The professionals will be able to find the exact cause and resolve your problem in no time.