The Epson XP 400 is one of the most popular Epson printer models. This printing device comes up with various unique features. However, this doesn’t mean Epson XP 400 is completely technical glitch-free.
Epson XP 400 not printing is one such issue that users often encounter. This can occur due to various factors. Some of the major factors include outdated printer drivers, wrong printer configuration, issues with the print spooler service.
If you are facing this similar problem, then you have to apply the troubleshooting methods to get rid of this situation.
7 Solutions to Fix Epson XP-400 not Printing Black Ink
Here are the simple troubleshooting methods that you can implement the fix the error in no time.
Procedure 1: Inspect the Epson Printer Connection
In most cases, the Epson printer is not printing due to the technical complications within the printer connection. So, before you proceed with any kind of critical troubleshooting, you can inspect your Epson printer connection.
If you are Utilizing USB Cable in order to Connect your Printer
- Review whether the USB cable is properly connected to the accurate port. Also, ensure that the USB cable you are using to make the connection is not faulty or defective.
- Try to ignore using a hub and connect your printing device directly to the computer.
- If you find that the USB cable is faulty or corrupted, then replace it with a new one as soon as possible.
If you are Using Wireless Connection
- Make an attempt to inspect the network connection as well as the network device such as modem and router.
- Ensure that your Epson XP 400 device is connected to a stable wireless network.
- Ensure the device is connected to the home or work network.
If your Device Connected through Bluetooth
- Be sure that your Epson printing device is close enough to your computer.
- Attempt to again pair the setup process and check if the error gets eliminated.
Procedure 2: Review the Status of the Epson XP 400
Here, in this procedure, we suggest you review the status of your Epson XP 400 device. After determining the printer status, you will be able to resolve the problem easily.
To review the hardware status of the Epson XP 400, follow the instructions underneath:
- Verify to determine your printing device is out of toner or ink. You have to replace the toner or ink cartridge when required.
- Also, ensure that you are using the genuine ink cartridge.
Procedure 3: Upgrade the Printer Driver
If your printing device is running on an outdated version of the printer driver, then the occurrence of such Epson XP 400 not printing is quite a common event.
However, this situation can be easily fixed by upgrading your printer driver to its latest version. You can follow these instructions to accomplish the task:
- Press the Windows logo key along with the R key to initiate the Run window. On the dialogue box., write “devmgmt.msc” and hit the Enter key to execute the command.
- After you get access to the “Device Manager”, you will find a list where all the installed devices and driver are enlisted,
- From the result-oriented window, you can look for the “Printer Driver”.
- Once located, proceed to right tap on it and hit the option titled “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
- In the next step, choose the “Update Driver” button from the resulting menu.
- If the latest version of the printer driver is available, then you can choose the “Install Update” button.
Once the installation process gets over, you can restart your device to apply the new changes.
Procedure 4: Set the Epson XP 400 as Default Device
Resetting the Epson XP 400 device as a default device can be another reliable way that can give you the desired result.
For proceeding with this task, you can follow the underlying instructions carefully.
Step 1: Initiate the Run window by following the above instructions. After you access the Run Window, write “Control” inside the dialogue box and hit the Enter key.
Step 2: Under the Control Panel, go towards the “View By” and set it to “Large Icons”. Next, scroll down in order to select the “Device and Printers”.
Step 3: In the next section, proceed to find out the Epson XP 400 from the appeared list. Once located, tap on the Epson XP 400 and hit the option titled “Set as Default”. Save the new modifications by tapping on the “Apply” button as well as the “Yes” button.
Procedure 5: Review the Print Spooler Service
Certain technical bugs and glitches within the print spooler service can cause various errors including the Epson XP-400 not printing black. To review the service, go through these instructions:
- Initiate the Run window and enter “Services.msc” inside the box. After executing the command, the Service window that appears on the display screen.
- Now, look for the “Print Spooler Service” and proceed to double tap on it.
- Afterward, head over to the “Startup Type” and be sure that it is set to “Automatic”.
- If the service is running, then hit the “Stop” button and restart the service by tapping on the “Start” button.
- Choose the “OK” button from the appeared menu when you are promoted.
Now, try to print a file or document in order to check whether the Epson XP 400 printing error has been fixed or not.
Procedure 6: Stop all Print Jobs
Your Epson XP 400 not printing black ink if the print queue gets overloaded or gets stuck. In such a situation, you have to clear the print queue to resolve the error. Here’s the instruction that should follow in order to stop all print jobs.
Step 1: Head over to the “Service” window by executing the “Service.msc” command. Go towards the “Print Spooler Service” and hit the “Stop” button.
Step 2: Minimize the Service window and initiate the File Explorer by pressing the combination of the Windows logo + E key. Inside the address bar, enter the following command. “%windir%\System32\spool\PRINTERS”.
Step 3: In the next screen, proceed to select all the files and hit the option titled “Remove” button. Stick to the instructions that appear on the display screen.
Procedure 7: Clean the Printhead
After performing the above procedures, if the Epson XP 400 not printing still persists, then you must clean the printhead. Follow these instructions to execute the task.
- Head over to the “Control Panel” and initiate the “Devices and Printers”.
- After accessing this menu, proceed to right tap on the “Epson XP 400” and launch the “Printing Preferences”.
- Navigate to the “Manager” tab and hit the option titled “Head Cleaning”. Initiate the cleaning process by tapping on the “Start”.
- Follow further guidelines to complete the printhead cleaning.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is Reset Button on Epson Printer?
Generally, the “Reset”: button is situated on the right-hand side of the Epson printer. On some Epson printer models, the Power button is used as the “Reset” button.
How to Reset Epson XP 400 Printer?
Initially, turn off the Epson XP 400 and take out the power cable from the device. Leave the device for around 30 seconds. Now, press the “Power” button along with the “Resume” option.
Keep pressing the combination keys unless the attention light begins to blink. When done, release the keys.