Due to some kind of glitch during the update process of the iOS software, you might get iTunes error 1403. When the update module fails to download all the necessary files, you come up with this issue.
There are quite a lot of reasons for the occurrence of this issue. For instance, if the update files get corrupted, then there is a possibility for you to encounter this issue.
Even if the iTunes software is not up to date, then also you can face this problem. Moreover, the firewall feature of the Windows computer blocks accessibility to the Apple server. As a result, you face this problem.
Further, if the network settings of the iOS device are not set properly, then you can meet with this issue. Finally, if the Apple device has any kind of glitch in its Operating System, then you can get this problem.
Methods to Fix iTunes Error 1403 Easily
Here are the various methods that will help you to eradicate the iTunes error 1403 in a correct and easy manner.
Reboot the iOS Device
If the iOS device has some kind of internal issue, then there is a possibility for you to encounter this issue. So, perform a simple reboot to fix the issue.
- First, press and hold both the ‘Power’ and ‘Volume’ buttons until the ‘Slide to power off’ slider appears.
- Now, swipe the slider from left to right side in order to turn the device off.
- Next, to start the device once again, tap the ‘Power’ button and keep it pressed until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
- At last, try to update the Operating System and see if this issue comes up or not.
Also Read: iPhone Keeps Restarting
Update the iTunes Software
If the iTunes application is out of date, then you might be able to face iTunes error 1403. Now, the best way to stop this problem from ever happening again, you will have to update the iTunes software. In order to do that, follow the steps below.
- First, locate and double-click on the iTunes icon to open the same.
- When the iTunes window opens, next navigate to the menu bar.
- On the menu bar present at the upper portion of the window, select the ‘Help’ option. As soon as you do that, a drop-down list will appear.
- From that list, locate and choose the ‘Check for Updates’ option.
- At this moment, follow the instructions coming up on the screen and install all updates in relation to the iTunes application.
- After the update process is over, try to update the iOS device via iTunes and check if this issue persists or not.
Also Read: iTunes home sharing error 5507
Redownload and Install the iOS Update
If the update files for the iOS get corrupted somehow, then you might encounter this problem. Therefore, download and install the iOS update once again on the device itself.
- When you get the ‘Software Update Failed’ error message, then tap the ‘Close’ button to remove this message box.
- Once this error message is removed, wait for five to ten minutes approximately.
- Open the Settings application and choose the ‘General’ option.
- As soon as you do that, a new window with the name ‘General’ will come up. Inside that window, locate and select the ‘Software Update’ option.
- At this time, click on the ‘Download and Install’ option. Next, tap on the ‘Install’ button to start the update process to the iOS currently.
- Finally, to confirm the installation of updates, enter the passcode and wait for this procedure to get over.
Windows Defender Firewall Deactivation Process
If the Windows Defender Firewall is active and blocks the accessibility to the update server of Apple, then you might encounter this problem. Now, the easiest answer to resolve this problem is to disable the Windows Defender Firewall feature. In order to do that, follow the steps below.
- First, use the combination of ‘Windows + R’ keys to open a new dialog box on the left corner of the screen.
- Inside that dialog box, type the text ‘Control Panel’ and tap the ‘OK’ button.
- As soon as you do that, a new window with the title ‘Control Panel’ will come up. Within that window, there will be various settings categories for the computer, which you can alter.
- Now, find and click the ‘System and Security’ link.
- On the System and Security window, find and select the ‘Windows Defender Firewall’ option. Once you click on that option, a new page with the heading ‘Help protect your PC with Windows Defender Firewall’ will appear.
- Go to the left panel and choose the ‘Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off’ link. Now, another page with the heading ‘Customize settings for each type of network will appear.
- Choose the ‘Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended)’ option under both the sections ‘Private network settings’ and ‘Public network settings’.
- Finally, to confirm the alterations, click on the ‘OK’ button.
Also Recommend: Windows Defender vs Avast
Configure the Network Settings Once Again
When the network settings are not configured in a proper manner, then you can meet with the
iTunes error 1403. The correct way to rectify this problem is to configure the settings of the Network correctly.
- First, unlock the iOS device and open the ‘Settings’ application.
- Inside this window, scroll down a little and then click on the ‘General’ option. As soon as you do that, a new page with the name ‘General’ will come up.
- On that new page, find and then select the ‘Reset’ option. At this time, a new page that appears, locate and select the ‘Reset Network Settings’ option.
- Next, to start the reset process of the network, enter the passcode and then select the ‘Reset Settings’ link.
- Wait for the reset process to get over and check whether this issue reappears or not.
Manual iOS Update using IPSW File
When none of the above methods is able to resolve this problem, then perform an iOS update as the last resort. Take a backup of all the data within your device and then move ahead.
- First, download the right IPSW file from the official website.
- Once the download process is complete, then launch the iTunes application and connect an iOS device to the computer.
- When the device is identified by the iTunes application, navigate to the ‘Summary’ section. Under that section, locate and then choose the ‘Restore iPhone…’ button by pressing the ‘Shift’ key.
- Next, locate and choose the IPSW file that you have downloaded earlier.
- As soon as you choose the IPSW file, the iTunes application will begin the installation process of the updates for iOS. Wait patiently for this installation process to complete.
- At last, restart the iDevice and see if the update has been installed correctly not.
The iTunes error 1403 fix can be easily fixed if you have followed the aforesaid methods carefully. Although, even after following the steps you are unable to fix this issue, then do communicate with an expert, to get an easy solution.