Canon printer error code 5100 generally appears while you have assigned any printing task to the device. Generally, this Canon printer error occurs due to paper jamming issues, fitting issues of the printer cartridge, etc.
Alternatively, if there is any presence of dirt inside the printer, then the printer may fail to function properly. Thus, you encounter an error message.
Here, we will help you to fix the problem with recommendable solutions to resolve this printer error.
6 Methods to Fix Canon Printers Error Code 5100
If you are looking for solutions to fix the Canon printer error code 5100 then you will get it from here. Hence, you can follow these methods to resolve the issue associated with the printer.
1. Checking for Paper Jam Inside the Canon Printer
It might possible that there is a paper jam inside the printer that causes the printer error. So, you need to check it in order to fix the printer error code.
Hence, take a glance at the below steps to complete the task.
- At first, check if there is any printer jam inside the Sheet Feeder tray or not. But, if there is any paper then carefully pull it out otherwise, it may damage the device.
- Also, check the printer output cover by opening it if there is any paper inside the printer or not.
- Check if there is any paper stuck inside the printer back panel or not. Then, you need to again load the paper into the Feeder tray.
- Now, switch on the printer after connecting the power cable to the power outlet. Then, check if there is any Canon printer error or not.
2. Checking the Printer Cartridge Fitting
Sometimes, the ink cartridge of the printer may lead to Canon printer error code 5100. If there is any functioning issue in the printer ink cartridge then it may lead to an error. Thus, you need to reset the ink cartridge using these steps.
- At first, you need to open the front panel to check the ink cartridge. When you open that panel then the cartridge will move and get stuck to its replacement position.
- Check if the replacement position of the cartridge is on the right side of your Canon printer or not. If not, then you will get a separate cartridge covering for it and hence, just switch off the printer.
- Now, unless the cartridge clicks, you need to push down the cartridge. Then, you can pull out the cartridge from the printer.
- After that, you need to reset the printer cartridge. Check if you reset the cartridge properly to its place or not.
- Finally, you need to close the front cover and then check if it works or not.
3. Resetting the Printer
If the above solutions don’t work in this regard then you can reset your Canon printer to resolve the error. Thus, you may follow the below guide to reset the printer.
- At first, you need to press the Power button to switch off the power.
- Then, you need to disconnect the power cable and the data cable from your Canon printer.
- Therefore, you need to wait for 10 to 12 minutes and then connect the plug again.
- Finally, switch on the printer again and then check whether the error still persists or not.
4. Cleaning the Dust Inside the Printer
If you do not keep the printer dust-free then eventually it will lead to technical glitches such as error 5100. So, you need to clean the printer. Firstly, you need to switch off the printer and then take a cloth for cleaning the outer part of the printer.
You can use the lint-free cloths for cleaning the internal side of the printer. But make sure you do not cause any physical damage to the device. Alternatively, you can also use the vacuum cleaner or air for cleaning the interior part of the printer.
5. Resetting the Ink Absorber
The ink absorber is used for absorbing the waste ink in the Canon printer. This ink absorber sometimes causes the Canon printer error code 5100. So, you have to reset the ink absorber for resolving the Canon printer error.
Press the Power button for resetting the printer ink absorber. You need to reconnect the Power cable when you are pressing and holding the Power button. Then, release the Power button when the printer will get powered on.
Finally, you need to wait for some time and then press that Power button once again.
6. Cleaning the Printing Strip
There is a transparent plastic printing strip above the drive belt and behind the cartridge holder. It is one of the essential parts of the printer as it supports the printing operation. If it becomes dirty then it may cause a printer error (as the printing strip communicates with the printer head).
You need to first check if the printer encoder is clean or not. You can rub alcohol using a cotton swab to wash the printer strip. Clean the encoder film slowly with that wet cotton swab (after dipping it in the alcohol).
Change the swab frequently when it becomes dirty and make sure you should not touch the strip with your bare hand.
Hopefully, you won’t get the Canon printer error while printing your required documents. Thus, you can use any of the above methods to fix Canon printer error code 5100.
Now, you can now use your Canon printer to print any documents effectively and smoothly, rendering a better printing quality.