Epson printers grant advanced features through which you can perform printing, scanning, copying, etc. But, sometimes you may notice “Epson error code 0xf1” while doing any printing job.
It is really very annoying when such an error occurs amidst any printing operation. Here, you will get the complete guide on how to troubleshoot the printer error.
At first, let us get to know the reasons that can lead to such a problem. This will help you to prevent such occurrences in the near future.
Reasons Behind Epson Printer Error Code 0xf1
There are several causes that can lead to Epson printer error code 0xf1. Hence, take a glance:
- If there is any paper jamming inside the Epson printer device.
- An outdated printer driver may cause printer error.
- Corrupted registry in the PC may prevent the Epson printer from working.
- If your Epson printer is not set as the default one then also you may get the error.
5 Methods to Fix Epson Error Code 0xf1
If you are looking for the solutions in order to troubleshoot “Epson error code 0xf1” then follow these useful methods that are discussed below.
1. Setting the Epson Printer as Default
You can set the Epson printer as a default one to resolve this printer error. Follow the guidelines to complete the task.
- At first, click on the Start button and get to the printers folder by selecting the “Printers and Faxes”.
- Then, you need to check if the Epson printer is set as the default printer or not.
- But, if there is no checkmark then just right-click on the Printer option.
- Then, enable the option ‘Set as Default Printer’ and select the option Printer, by right-clicking on it.
- After that, tap on the option Print Test Page for printing a Windows Self-Test page.
- If the printer prints successfully then the printer error is definitely resolved.
2. Reinstalling the Epson Printer Driver
If the above solution doesn’t work then you can try re-installing the Epson printer
driver. You may get the Epson printer error code 0xf1 if the printer driver gets outdated. So, you need to reinstall it using the following steps:
- First, you need to navigate to the “Devices and Printers” section from your computer.
- Then, choose the Remove option by right-clicking on the Epson Printer icon.
- After that, restart your computer and try adding the Epson printer through the previous menu.
3. Removing the Jammed Paper from the Printer
You can also check if there is any paper jam inside the printer device or not. Clear that paper from the printer strip. If there is any paper stuck inside the device, then it will prevent you from performing any printing task. Thus, an error can occur.
However, while performing this task, you need to be careful enough so that you do not damage the device.
4. Using Printer Troubleshooting
You can also fix Epson error code 0xf1 by running the Printer Troubleshooter tool. Thus, you can follow the below guidelines to fix that printer error.
- At first, go to the Start button and then navigate to the Control panel.
- Then, select the option Troubleshooting to check the options on the left side.
- After that, select the Printers option. It will then detect the error and resolve the issue.
5. Unplug the Cables of the Printer Device
If the above fixes won’t resolve the issue then you can disconnect all the cable wires from the Epson printer device. Hence, you may take a glance at the following steps:
- At first, turn off the printer device and then unplug all the cable wires from the printer. Also, remove the printer cartridge from your Epson printer device.
- Then, use a lint cloth and rub alcohol to clean the printer-head and cartridge.
- After that, wait for up to 10 to 15 minutes and then again plug in the cable wires to the printer device. Hence, you need to set the ink cartridge to its place properly. Check if it is set to its respective place or not.
- Finally, you need to check if the Epson error code 0xf1 is resolved or not completely.
Hopefully, after implementing the steps you will not get the Epson printer error code 0xf1 while printing your required documents. Now, you can print your required documents effectively and smoothly after resolving the printer error.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why is the Epson printer not printing even when the ink is full?
There may be several causes behind the printer not printing issue including the print settings, low ink, etc. You can check if the nozzles are clogged or not by printing a nozzle check pattern.
You can also clean the print head to resolve the issue. Check whether the paper size, layout settings, orientation in your printer software are proper or not.
2. How to reset the Epson printer?
You can follow this below steps to reset the printer to its factory default settings.
- Press the Power button to turn off the printer device.
- Then, you need to locate the Reset button from the printer back. Now, press and hold the Reset button using a pen or a paperclip.
- Press the Reset button for up to 5 seconds until the printer is not turning on.
- When you get a printed warning page then you need to release that button.
- Now, wait for some time and you will get another printed page with the default IP address.
- Finally, you need to configure the Epson printer with your PC using that IP address. Hence, the factory reset of your printer is done.