Epson printer error code 0x9e is a hexadecimal error message that generally appears when there is an ongoing printing task and abruptly the operation comes to a halt. Irrespective of the printer model you are using, the error can occur, such as in Epson WF-3620 printers.
Here, you get to know about the possible solutions on how to resolve the error, along with the causes to help you prevent such occurrences in the near future.
Probable Causes of Epson printer WF-3620 error code 0x9e
As nothing happens without any reason, there are also various causes that can lead to this error, such as:
- Corrupted configuration.
- Missing hardware configuration.
- Error in internal as well as background settings.
- Forbidden access to certain functions.
- Problems in network browser settings and many more.
So, now that you have a vivid idea about the causes of Epson printer WF-3620 error code 0x9e, let’s proceed to the solutions.
4 Possible Solutions to Fix Epson Error Code 0x9e
These solutions will help you to resolve the error and your printer will start printing normally, without much hassle
Solution 1: Unplug and plug-in the Printer
Restarting the printer is one of the best and easiest ways to resolve the error. The steps are here as follows:
- If there are any printing jobs are present in the queue, cancel all of them. After that, detach the power and USB cable from the electrical socket as well as the PC.
- Now, check whether any kind of paper is jammed inside the printer or not. If it is so, then remove the jammed paper carefully by opening the cover of the printer.
- After that, remove the cartridges from the device and leave it idle for a few minutes. Then, re-insert them in their own respective slots.
When all the above operations are complete, plug-in the device once again and try to print any of your documents to check whether the issues still persist. Otherwise, try the next solution that is given below.
Solution 2: Reset the Printer
Resetting your printer can also roll back the device to its previous state. Thus, it will stop showing any error message and you can keep up with the printing task. The steps to reset your printer are:
- When your printer is on, tap and hold the Power button to turn it off. Detach all the cables that are attached to the printer.
- Wait for near about five minutes, once again tap on the power button and plug-in the power cable at the same time simultaneously.
- Keep on holding the power switch for a minute and release it. Now, connect the other respective cables to your printer as well as the computer.
Wait for a few seconds until the printer is ready. After that, attempt to print a document and check whether the printer is printing correctly or not.
Solution 3: Download the latest Printer Drivers
Sometimes, outdated drivers are also one of the reasons that allow showing the Epson printer error code 0x9e. Therefore, you must download and install the latest driver versions. The following points that are given below will help you to do that:
- Go to the “Control Panel” and right-click on the “Device Manager”. Now, tap on the “Device Manager” option.
- You will be able to see the exclamation marks indicating all the outdated drivers. Once again right-click on each one of them and select “Update Drivers”.
All of your drivers will be updated within a short span of time. If you want to update all the drivers, then perform a Windows Update.
Solution 4: Run SFC Scan on the System
The occurrence of this error can also take place if there are any problems associated with the OS of your computer. In order to fix the issues, you can use the System File Checker tool. This will repair all the corrupt system files.
Press the Windows logo and R key to open Command Prompt. Now, type “sfc/scannow” and press Enter. Wait for the scanning process to complete. After that, close the Command Prompt window and we hope that the issue will be resolved.