An Apple ID can be used to access various features and services provided by Apple. Some of these include the Apple App Store, iTunes, iCloud Storage, iMessage and FaceTime. One ID can grant you access to these features and many more. However, it can create a problem if you forget your ID or password. As a result, you won’t be able to access these services. Thus, you need to reset your Apple ID Password to access them again.
How to Reset Apple ID Password – Step by Step Instructions
Here, we have provided all the various methods that you can follow to reset your Apple ID password. Thus, you can choose any one of the following options.
If two-factor authentication is enabled in your Apple ID, then you can easily reset the password from any Apple device. Alternatively, you can reset it using a web browser as well.
Option 1 – iPad, iPhone or other Apple Device
- First, it is important to note that you require a device with at least iOS 9 running on it. Now, navigate to the Settings option and choose Name, Password & Security from the options.
- Thereafter, go to ‘Change Password’ and go through the instructions as shown on your screen.
- If two-factor authentication is enabled, you will receive a code on your mobile number which will be automatically input in the text field. Now, you will be able to change or reset Apple ID password.
Option 2 – Mac Device
- Turn on your device and navigate to the Apple Menu. Next, head over to System Preferences from the menu. After that, choose the iCloud option and tap on Account Details.
- Now, you will be prompted to enter your Apple ID Password. Therefore, click on “Forgot Apple ID or Password” option. Now, you can see some instructions shown on your screen.
- Here, choose one of the recovery methods for resetting your password. You can choose recovery email, security question or mobile number to receive the recovery code to reset Apple ID password. Thereafter, enter the necessary details and reset your password.
Option 3 – Any Web Browser
- This method comes in handy if you are unable to access either one of the above devices. Thus, open a browser on any computer and go to iforgot.apple.com
- Here, enter your Apple ID and click on Continue. Again, you have to choose one of the recovery methods to reset your password. Thus, you can reset either by receiving a recovery code on your number or email or by simply answering your own security question.
- As the final step, follow the instructions and you should be able to successfully reset your Apple ID password.
To summarize, the above-mentioned methods should help you to easily reset your Apple ID password. However, you may require technical assistance if you feel that your account is blocked by entering too many wrong passwords, then you need to call apple service center.