Apple ID helps you to connect with the parent database of Apple.Inc directly. The ID remains the same across all the devices like iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, and MacBook. So, every time you want to connect, you have to sync your device with that ID and password.
In order to keep your Apple account secured, you must create a strong password. Along with that, you must know how to change the password as well. There mainly are three ways that can help you to get an Apple ID and password.
3 Important Ways to Change your Apple Password
In order to solve certain glitches in Apple devices, you need to learn to change the ID as well as password. Now, if you forget your Apple password, then read below to retrieve it.
1. For iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad on iOS 10.3
A few simple steps will help you to get rid of the problem that you are facing with the Apple ID and password.
- Open up your iPhone and tap on “Settings”. Then move on to “Password and Security”.
- After that, tap on “Change Password”. You need to enter the current password that you know.
- Now, enter a new password in its desired place and confirm it by typing the password confirmation blank box.
After entering the correct password, now you will be able to enter the Apple parent database and access all of its new features.
2. Change Password on Macintosh (macOS Catalina)
If you want to change your Apple ID and password via your computer, then you can do it with ease. All you need to do is to have a Macbook with a good internet connection.
- Turn your Macbook On and click on “Apple Menu”. After that, choose the “System Preferences” option.
- Now click on “Apple ID”. Move on to “Change Password”. Before resetting the password, you have to enter your Mac password.
Make sure that you remember your Mac password to complete the entire task. In case you forget it, then you need to restore your entire system.
3. Make changes to your Apple Account Password via iCloud
When you are willing to make necessary changes in your Apple ID and password with the help of iCloud, then you must use macOS Mojave or some earlier version.
- Select the “Apple Menu” and move on to the “System Preferences”. After that click on “iCloud”.
- Choose each and every account details carefully. Then, click on “Security” and on to “Reset Password”
As usual, before resetting the Apple password, the system will prompt you for the Mac password. Make sure you apply that correctly and complete the process.
Additional Procedures to Change Apple Account Password
There is one other way to change your Apple account password, too. All you need to do is use a secured web browser.
- Enter the web address in the address bar. When the official Apple page opens, click on the ID account page.
- Now, go to the security section, and choose “Change Password”. After that, enter the current password that you know.
- Enter your new desired password and confirm it once again. After that, click on “Change Password”.
When the process is complete, log in to your Apple account with the help of the new password.
What to do when you forget your Apple Account Password?
It might happen sometimes that you can forget your Apple account password. There are some easy ways that will help you to resolve the matter.
- Go to “Settings”, click on your name and then move on to “Password and Security”. After that, click on “Change Password”.
- Now, log in to iCloud and make sure that your device has the “Passcode enabled” feature On.
- Now, enter a new password of your choice and confirm it by typing it again.
This will reset and change your password. It’s better that you write your password somewhere safe to avoid the loss.
Always apply a minimum of 8 characters in your password. The mixture of uppercase, lowercase, alphanumeric, and special characters must be there. You must not use any space or the same characters more than thrice respectively. So, there you go, now you can easily access your Apple account without further hassle.