Some times, while you are browsing the internet, you may be occasionally re-directed to the web page of My Quick Converter. So let us understand what is My Quick Converter and discuss the procedures to remove My Quick Converter from your computer.
What is My Quick Converter?
Some of you may not know what is My Quick Converter?. My Quick Converter is a software form the family of the browser hijacker. The software of this family is basically malware. They tend to change the typical web browser settings on your computer.
If you are facing problems like My Quick Converter has replaced your search provider or tab and your homepage. Slow-loading websites, multiple toolbars on browsers like Chrome and Firefox, and these are the toolbars that you didn’t install. Additionally, you will also see a lot of advertisements to pop-up. This is very annoying and it is best to remove My Quick Converter from your browsers.
My Quick Converter also alters the search engine of the browser. Hence, when you are going to search for something, you will see a cluster of ads and unwanted links to ad pages. This makes the browsing experience very uncomfortable. Additionally, your browser can also freeze.
Apart from that, it can also change the icon of the web browser. This will help the software to redirect you unwanted sites whenever you use the icons. Some of these unwanted sites may contain harmful malware and viruses and corrupt your computer. Hence, it is best to remove My Quick Converter from your computer completely.
How to get rid of my quick converter?
So, let us see what are the process to completely free your PC of this annoying hijacker:-
How to get rid of My Quick Converter from the home page?
In order to remove my quick converter, you have to do more than a simple uninstalling process. So, let us see the process step by step:-
Remove My Quick Converter from the Control panel
You can remove some of the browser hijacker, adware and PUPs infections by using the program tool of “Add/Remove”. You will find this option in the control panel of the Microsoft Windows. To enter the control panel, you have to go to the start menu. After that, in the search bar, you have to write “Control panel”. Then press Enter and you will enter the “Control panel”.
For any Windows 7 or Windows XP users, you have to click on the “Start” option and then click on the option of “Control panel”. Now you will be inside the window of “Control panel”. After that, for any version of Windows users, you have to click on the option of “Uninstall a program”. Now, you will see a list. This list will contain the name of all the softwares installed on your computer. Look through the list and uninstall any programs which look suspicious to you.
How to remove My Quick Converter from the shortcuts of the internet browsers
When My Quick Converter gets into your computer, it also alters the shortcut of the browsers. In addition, into the Target field, an argument is added. For this reason, whenever you open the browser, an unwanted page will open.
To solve this problem, you have to locate the icon of the infected browser and then right-click on it. After that, you have to select the option of “Properties”. Now, you will see the property of the shortcut. After that, you have to press on the tab of “Shortcut”. Then, you have to locate the string in the target field and delete it. After that, you have to save the change by pressing “OK”.
How to remove My Quick Converter from chrome?
If you are using Chrome browser and it is affected by My Quick Converter, then you can follow the given steps to remove it:-
- First of all, you have to open the Chrome browser. Then, you have to click on the icon of “Menu”. You will find his option on the top right corner of the chrome window.
- After that, you will see the main menu of Chrome. Then, you have to select the option of “Settings”.
- Now, you have to click on the option of “Show advanced settings”. This will be located at the bottom of the page.
- Then, you have to press the “Reset settings” button, this will be located at the bottom of the “Advanced Settings” page.
- After that, you will see the dialog box of the reset settings on the screen.
- You have to now confirm your decision to reset the browser by clicking on the button of “Reset”.
Chrome, like many other latest browsers, reset back to the default values when it is reset. This will restore all the tab pages and the browser start pages back to its default settings. You have now successfully completed the procedure to remove My Quick Converter from chrome.
How to remove My Quick Converter from Firefox?
To know how to get rid of My Quick Converter from the Firefox browser, you can follow the given steps:-
- First of all, you have to open the browser of Firefox and then click on the icon which looks like three horizontal lines. This will open the menu of the browser.
- After that, you have to click on the icon of the “?” icon. This icon represents the option of “Help”.
- Now, within the menu of “Help”, you have to click on the option of “Troubleshooting Information”. You can open the option of “Troubleshooting Information” is by writing “about:support” in the address bar of the browser and hit Enter.
- Then, on this page in the upper right corner of the screen, you have to click on the button of “Refresh Firefox”. After that, you will see a prompt for confirmation. You have to press the button of “Refresh Firefox” on this page.
Now, the process of fixing the problem with your browser is completed. After the process is completed, you have to click on the button of “Finish”. This will fish your process to remove My Quick Converter from Firefox.
I hope that you have understood what is My Quick Converter and the procedures of how to uninstall My Quick Converter? From your computer and the browsers. By removing it you will face no more difficulty in browsing and you will no longer be directed to unwanted sites. This will make your browsing experience smooth again.