Chromebook is the laptop that comes with a pre-installed Linux based Chrome OS. You can perform all types of activities on your laptop using the default Google Chrome. From Chrome, you can get access to the Google Web app and web extensions.
However, you can always perform a factory reset to fix issues affecting your laptop. However, since you work on the Chrome, all the tasks are saved online and in real-time. So, you do not need to worry about data backup of your hard disk.
Powerwash… Choose All-Powerful Tool for Resetting Chromebook
- You can use the all-powerful Powerwash feature. It will delete all the data along with personal configuration from your Chrome laptop. But If you want to recover some important files or data, then you can have words with tech experts of Data Recovery Dubai. They will help you to recover your important data and files on your chrome.
- If you want to run Powerwash, first sign in to Chromebook and each for Powerwash. Click on Show Advanced Settings page and scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Click on the Powerwash button and then click on Restart. The laptop will reboot and you will find out that all the data gets wiped out.
Best Alternatives For Powerwash
- You can choose to disable the developer mode to reinstall the Chrome OS. So, disable the developer mode first and then erase all your customizations setup. Chromebook will wipe out all the data and the system will get back to the default mode.
- Then restart your Chromebook. You can notice that the ‘OS verification is off’ message on the screen. Click on the Space button to re-enable OS verification. Then simply disable the developer mode. The changes you made in your Chromebook laptop will be wiped out instantly.
- If you see the message ‘Chrome OS is missing or damaged’ it is the time to reinstall the recovery media. In that case, you need to install the Chromebook Recovery Utility App from the Chrome Web Store. Create a recovery media with a USB drive or SD card. Launch it and reinstall the OS.
- One fine morning you can find out that your Chrome OS is damaged. You can opt for the Force-Boot into Recovery Mode. Turn off your Chromebook. Now press Esc + Refresh on your keyboard. Now hold down the Power button. Chromebook will restart into recovery mode. Make the necessary changes you want and reboot the computer.
- If you want you can carry out a Hard Reset. If you find out that your Chromebook is not booting at all, then it is the time you need to carry out hard reset. Press the Refresh and Power button together. Next, you need to disconnect the power cable and then reconnect the power cable once more.
- After resetting the Chromebook, you just need to log in your Chromebook using your Google account. You can make some customizations you want. Anyway, you will find out Chromebook has sped up.
Hope you find this article helpful. If you are unsuccessful with your data backup, you can go for any Data Recovery Services. This article will help you for resetting of Chromebook. I will come back with more updates.