With the evolution of smartphones and the internet of things(IoT) over time, they are generating data more than ever. Whereas 4G is not proving sufficient capacity to manage so much data, thus coming of 5G has become definite. The 5th generation network will be 10 times faster than 4G LTE. So, everything that runs on the internet will speed up massively, decreasing output time in the future.
In simple words, 5G is going to be a leading-edge technology in the future.
The 5th generation wireless technology is soon going to bring massive changes to your everyday life with its application all over the globe. Just not yet.
After years of 5G hype, several carriers started spending time on research and how to produce 5G benefits. The 5th generation cellular network is not only bringing incredible speed but it has more plans for us starting from developing the medicine industry, automation of cars (driverless), the advancement of Artificial Intelligence and smart home integration.
But for now, the deployment is restricted until a certain point. Many have criticized 5G due to the projected cost worth hundreds of billions of dollars. And there are some who have been showing serious concern about 5g radiation which can cause cancer.
Without judging so early, let’s discuss the 5th generation network and what are its advantages and disadvantages.
What is 5G?
It is the 5th generation of cellular network service, that is being planned to bring after the 2nd, 3rd and 4th generation networks. It basically runs on 3 different parts of the spectrum to create a super fast and reliable service. When you can rely entirely on communications, it will eventually lead to innovative technologies encompassing next-level products and services. AT& T shut down the operations of 2nd generation networks 2 years back in 2017 due to low-capacity to provide for everybody. The era of the 3rd generation will soon come to an end, once the 5G is decently introduced all over the world.
While trying to implement 5g, 2 more difficult roles come in. Cable companies and compatible devices or phones will become mandatory in order to bring 5G communication to work.
How does 5G work?
At first, 5G planned to use the super-high frequency spectrum due to its shorter range but high potential to distribute a massive tunnel for online access. If you compare speed, 5G takes no more than 30 seconds to download a movie, whereas 4G will take more than 10 minutes to do the same job.
But due to the shorter range, the carriers are going to use the lower-frequency spectrum so that it could rich accross greater distances and most of the obstruction on its way.
5the generation cellular network will use a different wavelength. It is going to use millimeter waves which are comparatively shorter than that of the 4th generation wavelengths. It can carry robust data much faster if the wavelength is shorter.
4G wavelengths have a range of 10 miles, whereas 5G will only have 1,000 feet wavelength to make sure that it is available and dependable. And to provide communication to everybody, the project cost will exceed hundreds of billions.
Let’s come into the benefit of 5g and how would it help common people as well as businesses and the state government.
What advantages can 5G contribute to the world?
- 5G will provide high-resolution and bi-directional large bandwidth shaping.
- It will provide a data speed of more than 10 Gbps which will escalate the download and upload speed.
- It could bring consistent and uninterrupted connectivity all over the globe.
- 5G mm-wave can reach a latency rate of fewer than 1 microsecond which will result in immediate establishment of connections, reducing the traffic load compared to the previous networks.
- This technology will bring all networks on a single platform.
- 5th generation will offer a huge broadcasting data(Gigabit) that can easily support more than 60,000 connections.
- Previous and modern, both generations can cope up with the 5G cellular mode of communication.
- Multiple services together, such as downloading video and using location services while talking to someone.
- It will become mandatory for many industries such as the health industry, driverless cars, smart home engineering, and progress in artificial intelligence applications.
As I told you earlier that 5G has the potential to change our lives from many aspects which will be better noticed once 5G is available to all.
What could be the disadvantages of 5G?
- The 5th generation technology is still under research and progresses apart form the only carrier Verizon.
- Old devices may not be compatible with the 5th generation cellular network.
- Developing and application of 5G infrastructure can cost more than 100s of Billion of dollars resulting in a high price for 5g connections.
- Security and Privacy issues have to be re-checked until it gets perfect.
- 5G will require proficient and costly engineers to implant a 5G network and maintain it properly.
Well, every technology or product always contains both advantages and disadvantages. The challenge is to overcome the uncertainties and project costs.
Coming to a conclusion :
While a few nations have already launched a 5G connection like Verizon and T-Mobile, there are many others who are still pacing up with the race to bring a leading-age technology to us. We have come to the end of the article on the 5G wireless revolution.
I hope you have liked the information.