Epson error code 0x97 is a common error that occurs while printing and comes with the error code 0x97 which is displayed on the screen itself.
It may display a warning that there is some problem with the internal hardware. It can be caused by various interior components or motherboard failure.
On encountering this error code, the printer suddenly turns off or stops printing and it goes Epson printer offline. As a result, you will not be able to use it properly.
This error code can be caused by various reasons including corrupted or an outdated version of the Epson printer driver, ink cartridge, corrupted registry files, etc.
Prominent Methods to Resolve Epson Error 0x97
Although, it is an annoying error but can be easily fixed. Here we are going to explain most of the effective and useful methods that can help you to solve the Epson error 0x97 on the system.
We have detailed the method of performing these fixes, below. So, follow and implement them one by one to resolve this Epson error 0x97 on your computer.
Method 1 – Restart the Epson Printer
The first thing that you should do is to restart the Epson printer. Sometimes, restarting the printer can solve numerous problems that you have encountered. To perform Epson 0x97 error fix, follow these steps hereunder:
- Press the Power button to switch off the printer.
- Unplug all the cables and USB from the printer.
- Disconnect the power cord from the power source.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- After that, press and hold the Power button for a few seconds.
- Do not leave the finger from the Power button. When the few seconds have gone, plug in all the cables to the printer.
- Connect the power cord to the power source and then hold the Power button another few seconds.
- Leave the finger from the Power button and now the printer is switched on and then check if the problem is still there or not.
Method 2 – Check the Ink Cartridge
If the ink cartridges are blocked or disconnected from the Epson printer, then you may come across the Epson error code 0x97 on the device. So, you need to check the cartridge. To do that follow these steps given below:
- Power off the printer and then unplug all connected cables and USB.
- Remove all the printer cartridges. Make sure that the system is totally powered off.
- Then plug in all the cables and USB and reinstall the printer cartridges.
- Now, switch on the printer by pressing the Power button and check if the problem still persists or not.
Method 3 – Install the Latest Version of the Epson Printer Driver
An outdated version of the Epson printer driver can cause this Epson error 0x97 on the PC. Therefore, you should update the driver as soon as possible. The following steps will help you:
- Press the Windows Home button and select the Device Manager.
- Once the Device Manager window opens, locate the Print queues section, select it to expand.
- Find the Epson printer driver, right-click on it and then select the Update Driver option to begin the update process.
- Once the update process is done, restart your computer and then check if the issue is gone or not.
Method 4 – Uninstall the Epson Printer Driver and Reinstall it
Corrupted Epson printer driver can definitely result in this error code on the system. Therefore, you need to remove the driver and reinstall it again. Go through these steps:
- Press the Windows Home button and R key together to launch the Run box.
- Type devmgmt.msc and then click on the OK option or press the Enter button.
- From the Device Manager window, find the Printer queues section, select it to expand on the left panel.
- Find the Epson Printer Driver, right-click on it and then choose the Uninstall Driver from the list.
- Once the uninstallation process is complete, try to install it.
- To install it, visit the official website of the Epson and download the latest version of the Epson printer driver.
- After finishing the download file, install it correctly.
- Once it is installed, restart your Windows computer as well as the Epson printer and then try to print to check if the error code still shows up or not. If the method fails to solve this problem then follow the next one.
Method 5 – Perform the Microsoft’s Printer Troubleshooter
Performing the printer troubleshooter, you can easily get rid of the Epson error code 0x97 on your computer. Here are some steps that you can follow:
- From the keyboard, press on the Start key and then click on the Settings icon.
- Once you are in the Settings window, navigate to the Update & Security section.
- Thereafter, go to the Troubleshoot tab on the left panel.
- On the right window, scroll down the page and find the Devices and Printers section, select it.
- After that, click on the Run the troubleshooter option.
- During this process, the troubleshooter will find the error and resolve it automatically by clicking on the Apply fix option.
- After completing the troubleshooting process, restart the system and then check if the problem should be eliminated or not.
Method 6 – Clean Machanic Pad Using a Wet Tissue
If there is dust in the Epson printer, it also causes an error code 0x97. You should clean the printer with a wet tissue. The process to clean the printer:
- Switch off the Epson printer and unplug it.
- Remove the printer cover.
- Take a wet tissue to clean all the internal components of the mechanic pad and other sensitive areas of the printer.
- Wait for 10 minutes and then switch on the Epson printer.
Method 7 – Download the Epson Error 0x97 Patch
Another effective method in which you can easily resolve the Epson error 0x97 on the device is to download the Epson error 0x97 patch. Here’s how to do that:
- Download the Epson error 0x97 patch or error 0x97 repair utility from the official website of the Epson.
- After downloading this file, install it properly.
- Once the process is finished, restart the device.
Method 8 – Update the Operating System
After performing the previous methods if the error still occurs then you can try to update the Operating System on your computer. Let’s take a look at the steps:
- Press the Start button + I key to launch the Settings window.
- Go to the Update & Security section, and then select the Update tab on the left panel.
- From the Update window, click on the Check for updates button to find if the updates are available or not.
- If yes, then you can see the Update option, click on it.
- Once it is done, the system will automatically restart and then try to print to check if the Epson printer performs correctly or not.
The methods given above would help you to resolve Epson error code 0x97 on the system. With the help of these methods, you will be able to get rid of this error code instantly and the issue of Epson printer offline can also be solved if you follow the right methods.