Have you ever experienced the “Brother printer offline” status while printing a document or file? This error notification clearly indicates that there can be certain internal bugs or glitches within the software that restricts the users from printing.
This situation can happen due to various factors including printer connectivity issues, outdated printer drivers and wrong printer settings.
In order to turn back your Brother printing device online, you can check out the undermentioned section where you will get all the possible troubleshooting measures to overcome the situation.
Brother Printer Offline Windows 10? Fixed with 6 Easy Hacks
Here, in this section, we are going to mention the effective hacks that are proven to work for many users. So, follow these underlying methods to resolve the matter on your own.
Method 1: Check the Brother Printer Connection
Before you proceed to make any critical changes with the printer settings, you need to check the printer connection. Generally, the Brother printer displays offline status when there are certain technical complications between the printer and the computer
Initially, turn off the Brother printer and turn it on after a few minutes. Wait unless the device is completely ready to function properly. Afterwards, review the printer connection.
- In case of the wired connection, be sure that USB cable to your device is well connected to the port. And make sure that the USB cable you are using is not faulty or defective. Keep in mind, if the connected USB cable is loose or defective, then you have to replace it with a new one.
- If your Brother printer is connected through the WiFi, then be sure that your printer is connected to a stable wireless network. Also, make sure that your computer and the printer are connected to the same network.
Method 2: Check and Modify the Brother Printer Settings
Try to check and modify the printer settings. Here are the instructions that you need to implement:
- Press the combination of the Windows logo along with the R key to invoke the Run window.
- After accessing the Run window, write “Control” inside the dialogue box and hit the Enter key to run the command.
- Choose the “Control Panel” from the appeared menu to launch the window.
- Now, set your Brother printer as the default device.
- Thereafter, head over to the “Print Queue” or “See What’s Printing” section and review if there are any unfinished tasks.
- If you notice any unfinished task, then proceed to tap on them in their respective manner and choose the “Remove” button.
- Now, select your Brother printer from the queue window and deselect the checkbox beside “Use Printer Offline”.
When you are done with all the above instructions, you can press the “Apply” button as well as the “OK” button to save the recently made modifications.
Method 3: Restart the Print Spooler Service
Restarting the print spooler service can be another reliable way that can help you to overcome the situation you are facing right now. To restart the print spooler service, you can follow the instructions underneath.
- On the Run dialogue, type “Services.msc” and tap on the “OK” button to execute the command successfully.
- When the Service window appears on the display screen, make an attempt to find out the “Print Spooler Service” from the resulting menu.
- Proceed to right tap on the “Print Spooler Service” and hit the option titled “Restart” from the context menu.
- Wait unless the print spooler service boots up.
Now, you can check if the Brother printer offline Windows 10 is fixed or not. If not, then move on to the next method.
Method 4: Reset the Printer Properties
In this procedure, we suggest you reset the printer properties. In order to reset the printer properties, follow the under mentioned instructions:
Step 1: Head over to the “Control Panel” window and try to launch the “Devices and Printers”. Proceed to right tap on the Brother Printer and select the titled “Printer Properties”.
Step 2: Navigate to the “Ports” tab and choose the Printers IP address from the appeared menu. Try to initiate the “Configuration Port” and look for the “SNMP Status Enabled” option.
Step 3: Once you find it, remove the tick mark from the checkbox to deselect the option. Save the new changes by tapping on the “Apply” button as well as the “OK” button.
Method 5: Update the Printer Drivers
If you do not update the printer driver for a long time, then the occurrence of the Brother printer keeps going offline is quite a common event. Therefore, it is recommended you update the printer driver to its latest version.
You can follow these instructions to execute the task:
- Go to the search bar on the taskbar and write “Device Manager”.
- Hit the “OK” button to launch the “Device Manager” window.
- In this section, hit the category to determine the names of the installed devices and drivers.
- Proceed to right tap on the “Brother Printer Driver” you need to update.
- Let the system search for the latest printer driver by choosing the “Search automatically for updated driver software” option.
- From the appeared menu, choose the option titled “Update Driver”.
- Furthermore, choose the “OK” button in order to initiate the installation process.
Once the process is over, reboot the device to allow the new changes to take effect.
Method 6: Install the Latest Windows Updates
Installing the latest Windows updates can be another reliable trick to resolve the Brother printer error in no time. So, you perform this task by following these instructions.
- Press the Windows logo key along with the I key. This will initiate the “Settings” app.
- After accessing the “Settings” window, scroll down to locate and choose the “Update and Security”.
- From the appeared menu, proceed to tap on the “Check for Updates”.
- If the latest updates are available, then hit the “Install Update” button when you are prompted to do so.
This might take a while to complete the installation. So, do not interrupt the process in between.
Hopefully, the above-mentioned methods will help you to get rid of the Brother printer error.