Apple Pencils are definitely the best selection when you are all set to give vent to your creative genius. However, creative exercise always involves challenges. And of course, you can’t think of accomplishing it without facing the hurdles coming its way.
Wondering why are we saying this? Well, just think of this. Suppose you are all set to brainstorm a unique and innovative idea that might have just crossed your mind. And just then, to your utter dismay, you find the “Apple pencil not working.”
Of course, this much is enough to leave you baffled. But would you give up? Definitely not! And that’s when you try to start afresh. And the very first move that you take, is to look out for effective fixes for the problem.
That’s exactly what we are going to help you with. Here we are going to guide you through the remedial measures you must undertake if you find your “Apple pencil connected but not working.”
So, without any further delay, let us begin.
Why is the Apple Pencil Not Working?
The very first affirmative move towards an effective resolution of any problem is the determination of its causes. And that’s what you are to do as well.
In case you are looking for effective solutions to “fix Apple pencil not working”, you first need to figure out the major causes behind the glitch in question.
Thus, in this section, we are going to offer you a detailed insight into the major causes of the problem. And, talking of the notable causes, there is certainly not a single cause behind the occurrence of the “Apple pencil not working” issue. Thus, take a look at the foremost causes of this problem.
- You can face “Apple pencil not working” in case the battery of your Apple Device starts malfunctioning. The damaged or dysfunctional battery is one of the prime causes of the hitch under discussion.
- You may find your “Apple pencil connected but not working” if the Bluetooth of your iPad is turned off.
- Often times, even if the Bluetooth of your device is turned on, it might not be paired properly. As a result, you come across this glitch.
- The issue under scrutiny also surfaces if the Tip of your Apple Pencil is worn out due to regular use or improper handling.
- Oftentimes, the Apple Pencil feature is not supported by Apple. If such is the case with your device, then confronting the hitch is quite natural.
- Some specific models of iPad do not support Apple Pencil and thus, you might encounter this issue.
Premium Solutions to Fix Apple Pencil Not Working Within Minutes
Now that you are already familiar with the causes, it’s high time to move on to the solutions. In this section, we are going to offer you the most effective workarounds to resolve the issue in no time. Keep reading.
Check the Battery of your Device
As discussed in the previous section, the glitch often occurs if something goes wrong with the battery. Thus, go by the following steps to check the battery of your device.
- First and foremost, you must check the current condition of your battery. You can do so by checking the Widgets View on your iPad device. You can also locate the Widget easily on the “Today View” section. To reach out to the location, you need to go to the Home Menu and swipe right from here.
- Once you swipe right, you shall find the Widget named Batteries. However, in case you fail to locate the same, ensure that that your Apple Pencil is properly connected with the Bluetooth.
- After doing this, if your battery status displays 0%, you will have to plug in your charger and retry afresh.
Turn on Your Bluetooth to “Fix Apple Pencil Not Working”
As stated already, one of the foremost causes of the problem in question is the disabled Bluetooth. Thus, simply turn on the Bluetooth and see if it resolves the issue or not.
- Open your iPad and click on the Settings Application.
- Once you are on the Settings window, click on the “Bluetooth” icon.
- In case the Bluetooth is off, turn it on and reboot your iPad.
- The moment your device restarts, check if your Apple Pencil is working or not.
Pair Your Bluetooth Properly if you Find Your “Apple Pencil Connected but Not Working”
Sometimes, Apple Pencil refuses to work even when connected. This happens mostly if your Apple Pencil is not properly paired with your iOS device. If yours is such a case, then follow the guidelines given below to pair your Bluetooth properly.
- First, make sure the iPad device is switched on as well as unlocked. Then turn the Bluetooth if it is not enabled.
- In case you find your Apple Pencil in the list of devices to be paired with your Bluetooth, you will have to repair it once again.
- In such cases, you will have to click on Apple Pencil and choose the option that says “Forget This Device” thereafter.
- On completion, unplug the Apple Pencil and re-plug it to the Lighting Port of your iPad device.
- No sooner than you do this that the “Bluetooth Pairing Request” dialog box will pop up. To initiate the Pairing procedure, you need to select the Pair option.
- Once paired, you should no longer face the “apple pencil not working” issue.
However, oftentimes, the Pairing Request box does not pop up due to some unknown technical glitch. In case you face such a problem, we suggest you proceed with other solutions.
Check the Tip of Your Apple Pencil
On many occasions, the problem in question triggers in case the tip of your Apple Pencil wears in the course of regular use. And this is not very unnatural. Under such conditions, you need to simply replace it. And the process of replacing the Pencil is no big deal just go through our instructions below.
- All you have to do is unscrew the tip of your Apple Pencil in an anticlockwise direction. And as you continue doing this, the tip will eventually come out by itself.
- As soon as the old tip comes off, you need to replace it with a new tip instantaneously. In order to do so, you simply need to screw back the new tip in the clockwise direction.
- Keep on screwing the Pencil until it is set tight.
- Once done, check if the problem you were facing so long persists or not.
Try Rebooting Your iPad Device
If the problem continues to persist, then try the last solution by means of rebooting your iPad. A plain reboot of your Apple device has often served as an effective resort to this problem. All you need to do is press on the Reboot button on your iPad. You may also try to fix the glitch by means of a hard reset.
To do this, you need to press and hold the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons simultaneously for about 10 seconds. You may note that you need to continue pressing both keys until you see the Apple Logo on your device display.
With this, it’s time for us to conclude. While we bid you off, we strongly urge you to try out the fixes we offered, in case you are facing “Apple Pencil not Working” Issue for quite some time.
And, with the fixes we proposed, solving the problem will be a mere plaything for you. So, without any further ado, try them out before it’s too late.