In our day to day work, printers play a very important role. However, if you are using a Canon printer and abruptly come across Canon printer error code 5800, then it might prevent you from using the device.
This generally occurs owing to the fault within the waste ink absorber. Hence, you need to solve them quickly. Thus, we are about to discuss the solutions that can help you mitigate the problem.
2 Solutions to Fix Canon Printer Error Code 5800
Here, in this section, you get to know about the most prominent solutions that will help you to resolve this Canon printer error code.
Solution 1. Removing the ink absorber
The ink absorber is a component present in the Canon printer that helps to absorb the additional ink from the cartridges. This helps to keep the cartridges clean.
However, over time, this ink absorber can get filled with ink and cause certain glitches such as 5800 printer errors. So, to replace it, you have to follow the given steps:
- First, press the “Power” button to turn off your printer. However, do not disconnect the printer from the power source. After that, press the “Power” and the “Stop/ Reset” button at the same time.
- When you will see that the power is back on, you have to press the button of “Stop/ Reset” twice. However, you have to hold down the “Power” button for a minute.
- After that, release the “Stop/ Reset” and “Power” button. This will allow the printer to enter the service mode.
- When you will see that the light of the “on/ off” button is glowing, you have to press the “Stop/ Reset” button as per the functions given below:
- Green power off- 0 times.
- Orange Service pattern print- 1 time.
- Green EEPROM print- 2 times.
- Orange EEPROM reset- 3 times.
- Green Waste ink counter reset- 4 times.
After this, switch off your printer and then switch it on. When the process is complete, check if the Canon printer error code 5800 still persists. If the error code is still there, you can move to the next solution.
Solution 2. Enter the Service Mode of Canon printer
By following this procedure, you will be running your Canon printer in the Service Mode. This will make the printer assume that the ink absorber is empty rather than it is full. After this, you will be able to open your printer and clean the ink absorber and solve this error code.
You can follow the given steps to execute this solution effectively:
- Turn on your printer. After that, click on the Menu button located on the printer.
- Then, you have to press the “SCAN”, “COPY”, and “SCAN” button. Make sure that you press the button in this order.
- After this, hit the key of “+” and navigate to the option of “COUNTER ACCESS”. When you have reached this option, click on the “OK”.
- Now, on the screen of your printer, you will be able to see a page counter. You will be able to see a number on the screen. This number is the total number of the page that you have printed.
- Click on “OK”. Next, press the button of “COPY”.
- Then, use the “-” key to decrease the score to zero. After that, click on the “OK” button.
- Now, use the “+” to navigate to the menu and locate the option of “SCAN PAGE COUNT”. Here, set the count of the page to zero. This will help to remove the score showing on this page. Zero is the score found only when the printer enters the Service Mode.
- After that, locate the “ABS-M DONT COUNT” option from the menu. Here also set the score to zero. Then, click the “OK”.
- Now, after you have set all the scores to zero, you have to press the “on/ off” button.
- After the procedure is complete, disconnect the printer from the power source and wait for a few minutes. Then, connect it again and turn it on.
After completing this process, you will be able to print using your printer and the Canon printer error code 5800 will be fixed. These two solutions are the most recommendable ones that can assist you to fix this Canon printer error.